Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Day Trip to New York, NY

I live in the Washington, DC area and if you are from this area you know there are many ways to get to NY but the newest and most popular is the $50 roundtrip bus. My aunt and uncle who are from Los Angeles were visiting New York however they really only had one day free and I needed to be back to classes but I decided to go up for the day to visit them and tourist around with them a little. We have metro here but, LA doesn't really have a metro so I was able to help them learn to navigate the Metro System.

The Bus ride I took was at 5am leaving from Bethesda, MD luckily the bus wasn't full so I got the whole back row to myself and passed out for the 5 hour Journey. I woke up right when we were driving into NY as shown in the picture below.


When I got to NY I visited for a big but then we headed to the metro for our day our First stop was of course The Empire State Building. We got tickets that cost $22 each and took some great pictures which you can see below. 





After we hit the Empire State Building we are total nerds so we really wanted to go to the Nintendo Store and we also needed to eat so we went to Five Guys Burgers and Fries and then hit the Nintendo Store.

Since we were right by it we walked to the Rockefeller Center where NBC Studios. However it was under construction as they were putting the Ice Rink in I beleive. 

After this we were very tired but we decided we really needed to hit Centeral Park however no one really wanted to walk it. We decided to hire a peddle car driver for 3 of us it was $70 and it was like 30-45min ride so that was a great price for all 3 of us and he peddled us around to all the major spots in central park even let us stop and took our pictures. 


After this we decided to head back to their hotel the Marriott Marquis and after visiting for a little more I needed to head back to the 6pm bus, so I walked to the bus area and grabbed Starbucks food for the bus ride. The bus back was full but I had pre downloaded a  movie I wanted to see which was good because the bus internet was horrible. I got back around 11pm and that my friends was my day trip to New York, NY

If you have any questions please feel free to message me or put up a comment!

-Tanya 




I know your wondering does she have twitter? Of Course I do please follow me! @TanyaNeshat






No comments:

Post a Comment